Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankfulness!


I received the following in an email today. I thought it was pretty good.


As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.


I went shopping on Sunday in Memphis. On the way up we were talking about things we were thankful for. We were all thankful for our family, of course. But I as I drove and thought about the question, "What are you thankful for?" I realized that I am thankful for so much. The Lord has blessed me tremendously!!


With the twins I prayed so hard that He would keep them healthy. "Just let them weigh 5lbs Lord so we can all come home together." "Just let them make it til 36 weeks so their lungs will be developed." And on and on. Praying. The wonderful thing of praying. It's hard sometimes to be patient and wait on the Lord, but you just have to put it in his hands and let him deal with it.


I'm the worrier of the family. Shane, my brother, is the free spirited child. He lives for the day. I'm always worried about tomorrow. Kyle doesn't even have his drivers' license yet, even though he drives, and I'm worried about the first time he goes out by himself!!


A good thing happened today, Allen was in Tupelo and we got to have lunch together!! For some of you reading this you are probably thinking, "big deal", but for Allen and I that is a big deal. It's hard for us to find time for one another these days.


Twins are doing great. Sleeping pretty good. We were up at 4 this morning ready to play, so it has been a long day for me. I called to check on them and they were napping. Oh to have a nap!! Matt is growing, getting so big. He was the little runt and now he has filled out so much. He is up to taking 5 ozs of milk and just sucks the bottom out of the bottle. Little Maggie is so petite. She is taking 4 ozs. of milk and it takes her forever. Maybe she will be laid back and not up tight like her mother. They are pretty much on the same schedule with eating and sleeping. It can get pretty hairy sometimes, but we are adjusting.

Enough rambling for the day! Have a Great Day!!



2 comments:

Missy Dodd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

YEAH! So glad you finally did it! What a great start! Your blog looks great, can't wait to read more posts and keep up with your sweet family! love ya!